FHA Down Payment Grants for 2023
Mortgage Assistance for Homebuyers in Georgia
Augusta's Homeownership Assistance Program offsets the cost of upfront mortgage payments to help first-time homebuyers purchase a home in the Augusta-Richmond County.
The Department of Community Affairs in Georgia helps residents in particular counties finance their new homes through the Georgia Dream Homeownership Program. The program helps homebuyers afford decent housing by providing them with down payment assistance.
Down payment assistance funds are provided as a 5-year deferred payment loan with zero interest. As long as the homeowner remains the primary resident through the maturity date of the security deed, the lien is canceled and no payments are required.
Neighborhood Works Columbus offers homebuyers a down payment assistance program that provides a set amount of money to qualified homebuyers to help them afford down payments on their homes.
Savannah's Housing & Neighborhood Services Department offers different levels of down payment assistance to eligible applicants with the Dream Maker programs.
The Decide DeKalb Development Authority designed the WE DeKalb Program as an economic incentive to help employers in Atlanta attract and retain top talent by making homeownership in DeKalb County more affordable.
Down payment assistance programs and/or grants were researched by the team at FHA.com. Please note that all programs listed on this website may involve a second mortgage with payments that are forgiven, deferred, or subsidized in some manner until resale of the mortgaged property.
FHA.com's compilation is not a complete list, but it can serve as a starting point in your search for the down payment assistance program or grant for your situation. It is up to the consumer to contact these entities and find out the specifics of each program.
Do you know what's on your credit report?
Learn what your score means.
FHA Down Payment Programs Near You
- Brentwood Down Payment Assistance Program
- GSFA Platinum Program
- Emeryville First Time Homebuyer Loan Program
- CalHFA My Home Assistance Program
- Monterey County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Orange County Housing and Development Mortgage Assistance Program
- San Diego County Down Payment / CalHome Program
- Los Angeles County Affordable Homeownership Program
- Santa Ana Downpayment Assistance Program
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program
- Broward County Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program
- Home Sweet Home Hillsborough Program
- Lee County FirstPlus Program
- Home Ownership Program
- Head Start To HOME Ownership Program
- Orange County Down Payment Assistance Program
- HFA Miami-Dade Mortgage Program
- Hardest Hit Fund Down Payment Assistance
- Escambia County Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
- Palm Bay HOME Down Payment Assistance Program
- Home Key Plus 2nd Mortgage
- First Time Home Buyer’s Program
- Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance
- NY State Association of Realtors Housing Opportunities Foundation
- Albany County Rural Housing Alliance Acquisition Grant
- Rensselaer County Homebuyer Program
- Homebuyer Dream Program®
- City of Albany Home Acquisition Program (HAP)
- State of New York Mortgage Agency Down Payment Assistance Loan
- Veterans Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- Home Advantage Down Payment Assistance Loan Program
- Tacoma Down Payment Assistance Program
- Seattle Downpayment Assistance Program
- Opportunity Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- HomeChoice Down Payment Assistance Program
- Bellingham Downpayment Assistance
- ARCH East King County Downpayment Assistance Loan
- Pierce County Downpayment Assistance Program