FHA Down Payment Grants for 2023
Mortgage Assistance for Homebuyers in California
The City of Brentwood offers first-time homebuyers the Down Payment Assistance Program (DAP), which provides funds that go toward the down payment and/or closing costs. Assistance comes in the form of a deferred payment loan program for first-time homebuyers.
The CalHFA MyHome Assistance Program offers applicants a deferred-payment junior loan up to 3% of the purchase price/appraised value of the mortgaged property in order to help make the down payment or pay the closing costs.
The First Time Homebuyer Loan Program that was established by the City of Emeryville provides down payment assistance to households at or below moderate income. This initiative gets individuals out of the renter’s trap by helping them to pay the heavy, upfront costs of purchasing a home.
The California Golden State Finance Authority (GSFA) created the Platinum Program, which provides low-to-moderate income California homebuyers with down payment and/or closing cost assistance to help them achieve their goals of purchasing a home.
The Los Angeles County Development Authority (LACDA) provides low- and moderate- income households with down payment assistance via the Affordable Homeownership Program.
The FTHB Program provides down payment assistance in the form of a loan, the maximum amount of which may not exceed the lesser of the maximum HOME subsidy limit, 20 percent of the purchase price, or the amount needed as determined by underwriting criteria. The maximum loan amount will never exceed the amount of the primary loan.
The Orange County Housing and Development Mortgage Assistance Program provides down payment assistance loans to assist low-income first-time homebuyers.
The San Diego County Down Payment / CalHome Program provides applicants up to 17 percent of the total property price for down payment assistance, and 4 percent (up to $10,000) in closing costs assistance. These funds come in the form of a loan with 3 percent simple interest per year, accrued annually.
Santa Ana’s Downpayment Assistance Loan Program provides eligible applicants up to $40,000 to be put toward the down payment on their new home. These funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis, in the form of a zero-interest loan.
Down payment assistance programs and/or grants were researched by the team at FHA.com. Please note that all programs listed on this website may involve a second mortgage with payments that are forgiven, deferred, or subsidized in some manner until resale of the mortgaged property.
FHA.com's compilation is not a complete list, but it can serve as a starting point in your search for the down payment assistance program or grant for your situation. It is up to the consumer to contact these entities and find out the specifics of each program.
Do you know what's on your credit report?
Learn what your score means.
FHA Down Payment Programs Near You
- Brentwood Down Payment Assistance Program
- GSFA Platinum Program
- Emeryville First Time Homebuyer Loan Program
- CalHFA My Home Assistance Program
- Monterey County Down Payment Assistance Program
- Orange County Housing and Development Mortgage Assistance Program
- San Diego County Down Payment / CalHome Program
- Los Angeles County Affordable Homeownership Program
- Santa Ana Downpayment Assistance Program
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program
- Broward County Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program
- Home Sweet Home Hillsborough Program
- Lee County FirstPlus Program
- Home Ownership Program
- Head Start To HOME Ownership Program
- Orange County Down Payment Assistance Program
- HFA Miami-Dade Mortgage Program
- Hardest Hit Fund Down Payment Assistance
- Escambia County Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance
- Palm Bay HOME Down Payment Assistance Program
- Home Key Plus 2nd Mortgage
- First Time Home Buyer’s Program
- Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance
- NY State Association of Realtors Housing Opportunities Foundation
- Albany County Rural Housing Alliance Acquisition Grant
- Rensselaer County Homebuyer Program
- Homebuyer Dream Program®
- City of Albany Home Acquisition Program (HAP)
- State of New York Mortgage Agency Down Payment Assistance Loan
- Veterans Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- Home Advantage Down Payment Assistance Loan Program
- Tacoma Down Payment Assistance Program
- Seattle Downpayment Assistance Program
- Opportunity Downpayment Assistance Loan Program
- HomeChoice Down Payment Assistance Program
- Bellingham Downpayment Assistance
- ARCH East King County Downpayment Assistance Loan
- Pierce County Downpayment Assistance Program