FHA Jumbo Loans
Borrowing the FHA Loan Maximum Amount
New FHA / HUD Guidelines will insure new increased loan amounts based on your county and state. That means you can take advantage of new maximum loan limits for FHA loans. Qualifying customers can now apply for an FHA Jumbo Loan up to the maximum allowed by FHA. You can apply for a home loan with 3.5% down under new FHA loan limits.
A sampling of FHA approved lenders show the following qualifying guidelines:
- Qualified borrowers pay for closing costs plus down payment covering the 3.5% statutory minimum.
- Standard FHA guidelines and regulations apply, yet many lenders do require a 580 FICO score.
- For greater loan amounts on purchases, minimum FICO scores increase to 600 on Purchase, Rate / Term refinances and to 640 on cash-out refinances.
- Maximum Debt to Income Ratio's are 43%.
- No down payment assistance on loan amounts over $417,000.
- No non traditional credit.
- Declining Markets: Two appraisals will be required when the loan amount, excluding upfront MIP, will exceed $417,000 and the LTV equal to or greater than 95%.
FHA Loan Articles and Mortgage News
Read About FHA Requirements, Updates, and Guidelines
FHA Loan Maximum Amounts for 2017
Are you looking for a home to purchase with an FHA mortgage? Issues new to some first-time borrowers include FHA loan limits, and the maximum loan amount you can apply for. FHA home loans feature a maximum loan amount, which may vary.
FHA Loan Rules for Overtime and Bonus Payments
Can an FHA loan applicant use current overtime income or bonus payments to help qualify for a mortgage? Do these payments count towards overall monthly or annual income? This can be a tricky question to answer because not all overtime or bonus payments are alike.
Questions and Answers About Interest Rate Rules
The interest rate on your FHA mortgage is one of the most important factors when considering the long-term cost of your home loan. Do you know the facts about FHA mortgages and the interest rates on them?
Learning About FHA Loan Standards
One common misunderstanding about FHA loans and FHA refinance loans has to do with the difference between FHA loan minimum standards and the standards of a specific financial institution. The FHA loan rulebook is often not the final word on certain issues.
Gaps in Employment and Temporary Reductions of Income
The updated FHA home loan rulebook instructs your lender on how to process FHA loan applications and how the lender should treat specific circumstances that can affect a borrower’s chances for FHA loan approval.