First-Time Homebuyer Grants and Loan Programs
Available in Cities and Counties Throughout the United States
Grants and specialized loan programs for first-time homebuyers are available in cities and counties throughout the United States. These programs provide down payment and/or closing cost assistance in a variety of forms, including grants, zero-interest loans, and deferred payment loans.
This is not a complete list, but it can serve as a starting point in your search for the down payment assistance program or grant for your situation. It is up to the consumer to contact these entities and find out the specifics of each program.
First-Time Homebuyer Assistance Programs
- Moderate Income Purchase Assistance Program
- City of Norwalk First Time Home Buyer Program
- County of San Diego’s First-Time Homebuyer Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance Program
- City of Oakland First Time Homebuyer Mortgage Assistance Program (MAP)
- Fremont First-Time Homebuyer Program BMP Homes
- Fresno County's First-Time Homebuyer Program
- Los Angeles First-Time Home Mortgage Program
- San Diego Housing Commission (SDHC) First-Time Homebuyer Program