Your Loan Checklist for a Smooth Application
Before you start the FHA loan process, be prepared to provide some information to your loan officer. Have it ready now to save time later.
- Address to your place of residence (past two years)
- Social Security numbers
- Names and location of your employers (past two years)
- Gross monthly salary at your current job(s)
- Pertinent information for all checking and savings accounts
- Pertinent information for all open loans
- Complete information for other real estate you own
- Approximate value of all personal property
- Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 (for veterans only)
- Current check stubs and your W-2 forms (past two years)
- Personal tax returns (past two years), current income statement and business balance sheet for self-employed individuals
In addition, you will need to pay for a credit report and appraisal of the property.
FHA Loan Articles
Mortgage News, FHA Credit Requirements, and Guidelines
FHA Amends Rehab Loan Policies
In August 2016, the FHA issued a press statement announcing amended policies for the FHA 203(k) Rehabilitation Mortgage Insurance Program. The policies were specifically changed regarding the 203(k) Consultant Draw Inspection Fee.
Calculating Your Monthly FHA Loan Mortgage Payment
How much will your monthly mortgage payment be? That’s an important question to ask early on when you’re planning your home loan. Is it really a simple calculation of how much the loan is, divided by how many months the mortgage loan payments are required?
Questions and Answers About FHA Mortgages
Buying a home is an important financial decision and there are many questions that FHA loan applicants have in the planning stages of the loan. Fortunately, there are simple answers to many common questions about buying a home with an FHA loan.
Participating Lender Standards for FHA Loans
There are many common questions about FHA home loans. One area that confuses some borrowers or potential borrowers has to do with the difference between FHA single family loan rules and minimum standards, and individual lender standards.
The Facts About FHA Requirements on Caps and Minimums
Some borrowers want to know if FHA home loans have an income limit. The implication is often that FHA loans are intended for a certain type of applicant and that some borrowers might be disqualified for an FHA mortgage because they earn too much money.