Your Loan Checklist for a Smooth Application
Before you start the FHA loan process, be prepared to provide some information to your loan officer. Have it ready now to save time later.
- Address to your place of residence (past two years)
- Social Security numbers
- Names and location of your employers (past two years)
- Gross monthly salary at your current job(s)
- Pertinent information for all checking and savings accounts
- Pertinent information for all open loans
- Complete information for other real estate you own
- Approximate value of all personal property
- Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 (for veterans only)
- Current check stubs and your W-2 forms (past two years)
- Personal tax returns (past two years), current income statement and business balance sheet for self-employed individuals
In addition, you will need to pay for a credit report and appraisal of the property.
FHA Loan Articles
Read About Mortgage News, FHA Updates, and Guidelines
How to Qualify for an FHA Reverse Mortgage
The FHA reverse mortgage loan program is known as the Home Equity Conversion Mortgage or HECM for short. Lots of people are interested in reverse mortgages--but who qualifies for the FHA version of the reverse mortgage and how do you know if your home is eligible for the loan?
HUD 4000.1, FHA Loan Applications, and Credit Reports
The new HUD 4000.1 handbook includes new rules about existing policy, revised language for some loan rules, and other changes. Has qualifying for an FHA mortgage under the new rulebook changed?
The FHA Refinance Loan Maximum Mortgage Calculation
There are many myths people have about FHA home loans. One is the nature of the required FHA mortgage down payment or maximum financing available. The borrower is required to make a minimum down payment on all new purchase FHA mortgage loans (3.5%).
Does Being a Co-Signer on Another Loan Hurt Your FHA Loan Application?
Some wonder: does being a co-signer on someone else’s financial obligation might affect an applicant’s chances for FHA loan approval? Does being a co-signer have any influence on how the lender views your credit or debt-to-income ratio?
FHA Streamline Refinancing: Appraisal Required?
It can be easy to get confused over the difference between lender requirements and FHA refinance loan standards--did you know that FHA loan rules for Streamline Refinancing permit the lender to require things the FHA rules don’t insist upon?