Your Loan Checklist for a Smooth Application
Before you start the FHA loan process, be prepared to provide some information to your loan officer. Have it ready now to save time later.
- Address to your place of residence (past two years)
- Social Security numbers
- Names and location of your employers (past two years)
- Gross monthly salary at your current job(s)
- Pertinent information for all checking and savings accounts
- Pertinent information for all open loans
- Complete information for other real estate you own
- Approximate value of all personal property
- Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 (for veterans only)
- Current check stubs and your W-2 forms (past two years)
- Personal tax returns (past two years), current income statement and business balance sheet for self-employed individuals
In addition, you will need to pay for a credit report and appraisal of the property.
FHA Loan Articles
Read About Mortgage News, FHA Updates, and Guidelines
FHA Streamline Refinancing: Appraisal Required?
It can be easy to get confused over the difference between lender requirements and FHA refinance loan standards--did you know that FHA loan rules for Streamline Refinancing permit the lender to require things the FHA rules don’t insist upon?
FHA Changes Loss Mitigation Policies
In April 2015, the FHA and HUD changed some of its policies in order to help FHA borrowers avoid foreclosure and keep their homes. No FHA loan applicant goes into the home loan or refinance loan process expecting to default on their mortgage payments sometime in the future.
More Updates to FHA HECM Loan Due and Payable Policies
One very important aspect of the HECM loan, which features no monthly mortgage payment and is instead collected in full when the borrower dies, sells the home, or fails to live up to the terms of the HECM mortgage loan agreement.
FHA Loan to Value Calculations
We answer questions on a daily basis about FHA home loans, FHA refinance loans, and how these transactions are handled. One version of a common question about down payments and Loan-To-Value (LTV) ratios goes like this...
Appraisals and the Crawl Space
Appraisals are an important part of the FHA loan process, and we get plenty of questions about what may or may not be acceptable in the appraisal. For some, depending on the age and design of the home, crawlspaces can be a worry.